In all the reading we do to keep up with the web, occasionally a real gem jumps out at us.
That happened this week. Wired magazine published Steven Levy’s article, “How Google’s Algorithm Rules the Web“. In this article, Levy explains many of the subtleties of Google search – how it works and why it works the way it does.
In reading this, one can gain a better understanding of the engine and help focus your work on principles that help improve your relationship with Google.
- Pages - Substantive, Unique, Fresh content
- Links - Popularity, Diversity, and Trustworthiness of Links(incoming, internal, and outgoing)
- Domain - Domain Reputation, Architecture, Consistency
This got our gears turning toward building a class around this topic. Stay tuned.
Leave a Comment
- Add Some “Seasoning” to Your Website
- Simple WordPress Contact Form